Present Simple Passive Quiz
Present Simple Passive
1 Choose the correct word.
1 Books is / are made of paper.
2 Paper is / are made from trees.
3 The website is / are visited by thousands of people.
4 Lots of books is / are sold each year.
5 Each book is / are labelled to help people choose.
6 The books is / are left in a public place.
2 Complete these sentences with the correct form of the verb in brackets.
1 Books are _________________ (write) by authors.
2 A special programme is _________________ (use) to teach students how to write stories.
3 Most books are _________________ (sell) by bookshops.
4 Lots of books are _________________ (buy) online through companies like Amazon.
5 The website is _________________ (design) to advertise the new titles.
6 Books are _________________ (print) on paper.
3.Rewrite the given sentences in Passive voice.
1) Mr Jones watches the film.
2) The people speak English.
3) He reads comics.
4) We play volleyball.
5) They sing the song.
6) I take photos.
7) She does the housework.
8) The policemen help the children.
9) He writes text messages.
10) Mother waters the flowers.
Passive Voice тренировочные упражнения
Упр. 1. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present, Past или Future Simple Passive.
1. Bread (to eat) every day. 2. The letter (to receive) yesterday. 3. Nick (to send) to Moscow next week. 4. I (to ask) at the lesson yesterday. 5.I (to give) a very interesting book at the library last Friday. 6. Many houses (to build) in our town every year. 7. This work (to do) tomorrow. 8. This text (to translate) at the last lesson. 9. These trees (to plant) last autumn. 10. Many interesting games always (to play) at our PT lessons. 11. This bone (to give) to my dog tomorrow. 12. We (to invite) to a concert last Saturday. 13. My question (to answer) yesterday. 14. Hockey (to play) in winter. 15. Mushrooms (to gather) in autumn. 16. Many houses (to burn) during the Great Fire of London. 17. His new book (to finish) next year. 18. Flowers (to sell) in shops and in the streets. 19. St. Petersburg (to found) in 1703.
Упр. 2. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice, обращая внимание на место предлога.
E.g. We often speak about her. — She is often spoken about.
1. We thought about our friend all the time. 2. The doctor will operate on him in a week. 3. The teacher sent for the pupil's parents. 4. They looked for the newspaper everywhere. 5. Nobody slept in the bed. 6. The neighbour asked for the telegram. 7. Everybody listened to the lecturer with great attention. 8. The senior students laughed at the freshman. 9. The group spoke to the headmistress yesterday. 10. The young mothers looked after their babies with great care. 11. Nobody lived in that old house. 12. They sent for Jim and told him to prepare a report on that subject.
Упр. 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Active или Passive Voice.
1. Nobody (to see) him yesterday. 2. The telegram (to receive) tomorrow. 3. He (to give) me this book next week. 4. The answer to this question can (to find) in the encyclopedia. 5. We (to show) the historical monuments of the capital to the delegation. 6. You can (to find) interesting information about the life in the USA in this book. 7. Budapest (to divide) into two parts: Buda and Pest. 8. Yuri Dolgoruki (to found) Moscow in 1147. 9. Moscow University (to found) by Lomonosov. 10. We (to call) Zhukovski the father of Russian aviation.
Упр. 4. Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
1. I bought potatoes yesterday. 2. We shall bring the books tomorrow. 3. They are repairing the clock now. 4. They sell milk in this shop. 5. I have translated the whole text. 6. They broke the window last week. 7. When I came home, they had eaten the sweets. 8. We shall do the work in the evening. 9. He wrote this book in the 19th century. 10. They were playing tennis from four till five. 11. He stole a lot of money from the shop. 12. By six o'clock they had finished the work. 13. At twelve o'clock the workers were loading the trucks. 14. By three o'clock the workers had loaded the trucks. 15. We send our daughter to rest in the south every year. 16. They will show this film on TV. 17. They are building a new concert-hall in our street. 18. They have made a number of important experiments in this laboratory. 19. Livingstone explored Central Africa in the 19th century. 20. By the middle of autumn we had planted all the trees. 21. They will stage this play at the beginning of next season. 22. They have forgotten the story. 23. Has anybody explained the rules of the game to you? 24. They haven't brought back my skates.
Упр. 5. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Passive Voice.
1. I am sure I (to ask) at the lesson tomorrow. 2. They told me that the new student (to speak) much about. 3. The hostess said that one more guest (to expect). 4. The newspaper said that an interesting exhibition (to open) in the Hermitage the next week. 5. This new dictionary (to sell) everywhere now. 6. All the texts (to look) through yesterday and not a single mistake (to find). 7. Two reports on Hemingway's stories (to make) in our group last month. Both of them were very interesting. 8. He said that Grandmother's letter (to receive) the day before. 9. Two new engineers just (to introduce) to the head of the department. 10. Don't worry, everything will be all right: the children (to take) to the theatre by the teacher and they (to bring) back to school in the evening.
Упр. 6. Переведите на английский язык, употребляя глаголы в Passive Voice.
1. Ее отправили в больницу два дня назад. 2. Вчера нас послали в лабораторию. 3. Это сочинение было написано на прошлой неделе. 4. Эту книгу взяли из библиотеки только вчера. 5. Этих трех студентов спросили два дня тому назад. 6. Вас экзаменовали утром? 7. Эта мышь была поймана ночью. 8. Телеграмму послали поздно вечером, и он получит ее только утром. 9. Эту статью должна прочитать вся группа. 10. Это
yпражнение можно написать карандашом. 11. Все ваши сочинения будут возвращены на будущей неделе. 12. Это письмо можно написать на одном листе. 13. На этой фабрике делают очень красивые сумки. 14. Письма туда можно посылать только летом, а телеграммы круглый год. 15. Мою подругу каждый год посылают за границу.
- Present past future simple упражнения
- Present continuous past continuous упражнения
- Past simple упражнения 4 класс
- 10 Упражнений для похудения живота и боков
- 5 Упражнений для живота и боков
- 5 Упражнений с гантелями
- 8 Упражнений для похудения
- Базовое упражнение на плечи
- Базовые упражнения в зале
- Базовые упражнения в тренажерном зале
- Базовые упражнения в тренажерном зале для мужчин
- Базовые упражнения для набора массы